- 1 How do I read my WD serial number?
- 2 What do WD Colours mean?
- 3 How do I know if my WD hard drive is genuine?
- 4 What is the difference between Western Digital SSD colors?
- 5 Is WD Passport SMR?
- 6 Where do I find my WD SSD serial number?
- 7 What is the difference between WD Blue and WD Purple?
- 8 Whats the difference between WD blue and black?
- 9 What’s the difference between WD Red and purple?
- 10 How do I register my WD hard drive?
- 11 How do I check my WD hard drive health?
- 12 How long is WD warranty?
- 13 What is the difference between Western Digital Blue and Black SSD?
- 14 What is Western Digital Black used for?
- 15 Which color WD SSD is best?
How do I read my WD serial number?
Look on the side and bottom of the device for a sticker with a barcode. This sticker has a number labeled either “MDL” or “P/N.” This is your drive’s model number. There should also be another copy of this sticker on the box the drive was sold in.
What do WD Colours mean?
WD Blue and Green are used for the general purposes of storage, with Blue being slightly more reliable and Green being more eco-friendly. WD Black is for pure performance in media, gaming, and content creation. WD Red is for network-assisted storage. It is designed for (and only compatible with) NAS systems.
How do I know if my WD hard drive is genuine?
Check the date of import and mfg date if they show difference of 6 months or more check R/N is same on sticker and pcb. Fake ones have no same r/n numbers. So if you got drive without WD logo don’t say straight away it’s fake as WD uses different prints from different region.
What is the difference between Western Digital SSD colors?
Much like WD’s hard disk drives, their range of SSDs are also categorized by colors. The WD Blue is their mainstream SSD, whereas the Green is their entry-level SSD and the Black is their high-end enthusiast-grade SSD.
Is WD Passport SMR?
It turns out that WD has also been using SMR technology since last 2016 in its external hard drives. In response to our specific query, WD officially confirmed the use of SMR platters in the hard drive inside the WD My Passport 5TB 2019 edition.
Where do I find my WD SSD serial number?
Open the PC case and look for a sticker or label on your physical hard drive. The serial number is listed after the word “Serial No”, “S/N” or “SN”. Some of hard drives have the QR code printed on the label.
What is the difference between WD Blue and WD Purple?
In essence, the differentiating features of the two types of hard drives would be that the WD Blue is intended for the basic desktop applications, while the WD Purple is best suited for the 24-hour functionality.
Whats the difference between WD blue and black?
Distinguished. Blue is for solid performance and reliability for everyday computing, usually used for business computing, while Black for maximum performance for power computing, like gaming and video editing/rendering, among other demanding apps.
What’s the difference between WD Red and purple?
The 7,200rpm 18TB WD Red Pro drive essentially uses the same mechanical components, recording methods, and interface as its Purple sister. But it has NAS-oriented firmware and has a 5-year warranty and 1 million hour MTBF rating. The WD Purple drive has a three year warranty, and MTBF rating of 1.5 million hours.
How do I register my WD hard drive?
All you have to do is:
- Go to WD support portal and sign in or register an account if you don’t have one.
- Next, register your product if you haven’t done so when you first purchased it.
- Once your product is registered, go to WD Product Support and under RMA click “create”.
How do I check my WD hard drive health?
- Download the Windows Data Lifeguard Diagnostics, WinDlg_vx_xx.zip.
- Extract and run the program, WinDlg_vx_xx.exe.
- Read and accept the license agreement to continue.
- On the main program screen, there are two windows.
- Highlight the drive and select the icon on the top row to test or run SMART status.
How long is WD warranty?
Unless otherwise required by law, the term of your limited hardware warranty is ONE (1) YEAR from the date of original purchase by the end-user purchaser (“Warranty Period”).
What is the difference between Western Digital Blue and Black SSD?
SSDs are still relatively expensive but you have choices in terms of capacity and performance levels. WD’s Blue SSD is great for casual users and provides a balance of performance and cost. The Black PCIe SSD is a step up from there, for those who can afford it, but it’s still relatively affordable.
What is Western Digital Black used for?
The WD Black Drive is most suitable for aggressive PC use such as: Accounting, Video Editing, Rendering, and Gaming. The Western Digital Blue Drive Series is best used for basic computing.
Which color WD SSD is best?
WD Blue gives computing professionals the power they need. WD Blue HDDs and SSDs are ideal for desktop, laptop, and all-in-one PCs with a variety of form factors and storage capacities. Delivers blazing-fast file access, reads and writes – ideal for creative professionals, business people, college students, etc.